WHERE IDEAS BECOME REALITY
Calling all creative makers — the camp you’ve been waiting for is here! A week-long immersion into design-thinking, collaborating, and making that will spark your curiosity and flex your creative muscles like never before. With the support of expert guides (real-life architects, engineers, designers, and makers) on a 5:1 camper-to-guide ratio, you will discover how to turn your unique idea into a reality using the newest tools and technology available. Yes! That means virtual reality, 3D printing, laser cutting, and so much more.
By the end of the week you’ll have turned your vision into a tangible product, but you’ll also have developed critical thinking, learned a ton of new skills, and explored inquiry-based design thinking on a level that will set you up for a future you’ll be ready for. Because in a world of AI and automation, it will be creative thinkers like you who succeed.
- We’ve left “themes” in the past decade and are opening up a whole world of opportunity to your camper. Rather than restrict what they can create (they get that all day in school,) we are supporting them as they create their own “theme”
- Camper-to-Guide ratio is 5:1 or less! (Yes — you heard us right.) This unprecedented small-group format gives campers great access to guides, plenty of time to explore new ideas, and authentic design experiences.
- Experience process over project with our inquiry-based design thinking (iteration, prototyping, and testing start here).
- Develop the essential 21st-century skills of Communication, Collaboration, Critical Thinking, and Creative Thinking.
- Enjoy hands-on access to the newest tools and technology with 3D printers, programmable electronics, virtual reality integration, and so much more.*
- Explore traditional woodworking skills and get confident with power tools.*
- Engage in college-level critical thinking skills to solve sophisticated problems.
- Gain time management skills, apply persistence and determination, and showcase communication skills with end-of-the week presentations.
- Get your hands dirty and have fun!
The BitSpace Maker Summer Camp was created for 7-14 year olds. (Note: campers will be separated into ages 7-10 and 11-14.) The camp runs from Monday through Friday 9am-4pm, with complimentary care before (from 8.30am) and after (until 5.30pm.)
All-inclusive cost: $700